In 2004, the Music Festival celebrated its 75th Anniversary. Included in the printed program was a listing of Executive Members starting in 1959. Prior to this date, the festival was organized under the auspices of the Orpheus Club. Many of the names are ones that you might recognize.
As plans are being made to celebrate, I invite you to participate in several ways:
1. Be a volunteer at a festival session as the Adjudicator’s secretary, door person or venue convenor. Go to the “Contact” tab on our website, scmusicfestival.ca, to get in touch with us.
1. Donate to the festival- scholarships or general funds, that page can be found on our website, scmusicfestival.ca, under the “Donate” tab.
2. Attend the 90th Anniversary Gala Banquet on Saturday, April 6, 2019, at the Art Gallery. Tickets will be at Pharmasave.
3. Send a note of tribute and congratulations that we will post on the website, “Festival Tributes” tab.
4. If you have any photos or memorabilia from past festivals, we would like to display them. Please contact us.
Visit our website, scmusicfestival.ca, and see what we are doing, when we are doing it, and where we are doing it!
(Karen MacCallum is the President of Swift Current Music Festival Association)